Author: Wildwood, Christine
Publisher: Inner Traditions Int'l Ltd.
Number of Pages: 302
Among the profusion of books on aromatherapy available today The Encyclopedia of Aromatherapy is the first to explore the many aspects of this multifaceted healing art in a single, up-to-date, highly illustrated volume. The work discusses all thing aromatic, from choosing, blending, and storing essential oils to planning the aromatherapeutic garden as a place to relax and renew. The author includes complete profiles of oils safe for home use and practical and inspiring tips for readers to develop their own intuitive senses.
The numerous therapeutic uses of aromatherapy are applied to ten major body systems with specific remedies given for more than seventy health concerns, ranging from colds, muscular aches, and indigestion to stress, menopause, and depression. Quick reference charts summarize aromatic prescriptions and offer suggestions for supporting herbal remedies and nutritional supplements. The author also provides instructions for creating your own perfumes as well as hair-care and skin-care products.
Color photographs illustrate step-by-step a full-body aromatherapy massage and are accompanied by complete instructions for choosing and preparing suitable massage oils. The author presents techniques for massaging pregnant women, babies, children and elderly people as well as creative suggestions for using aromatherapy to enhance massage for couples. There is also a helpful section concerning sports injuries and even a chapter devoted to aromatherapy for pets. Though extremely useful for the beginner, this comprehensive presentation is also an invaluable addition to the libraray of the more serious student and professional practitioner of aromatherapy.
Chrissie Wildwood is a holistic practitioner of aromatherapy and one of Great Britain's leading writers on the subject. She is the author of Creating Your Own Perfumes, Creative Aromatherapy and Sensual Aromatherapy. She has made numerous television and radio appearances and regularly writes articles for a variety of health magazines.
Table of Contents:
Glossary of Medical Terms
- Part I - Basic Principles
- 1. A Brief History of Aromatics
- 2. The Essence of Aromatherapy
- 3. Capturing Essential Oils
- 4. Essential Oil Safety
- 5. Apprenticed to Aromatherapy
- 6. Creative Therapeutic
- Part 2 - Aromatherapeutics
- 7. Before You Begin Home Treatments
- 8. The Skin
- 9. The Respiratory System
- 10. The Heart and Circulatory System
- 11. The Digestive System
- 12. The Urinary System
- 13. The Muscular and Skeletal System
- 14. The Endocrine System
- 15. The Nervous System
- 16. The Immune System
- 17. The Female Reproductive System
- 18. Aromatherapy for Babies and Children
- Part 3 - Body, Mind and Soul
- 19. Nurturing Your Whole Being
- 20. Developing Your Healing Potential
- 21. Scents of Mystery and Imagination
- Part 4 - Massage
- 22. The Healing Art of Massage
- 23. Sports Massage
- 24. Maternity, Babies and Children
- 25. Aromatherapy Massage for Lovers
- Part 5 - Aesthetic Aromatherapy
- 26. Aromatic Beauty Care
- 27. Create Your Own Perfumes
- Part 6 - Home and Garden
- 28. Home Sweet Home
- 29. The Aromatic Pet
- 30. The Aromatherapeutic Garden
- Part 7 - Aromatic Profiles
- 31. Guide to the Aromatic Profiles
We apologize but all sizes of this product are temporarily out of stock, please click the link next to the size
to be notified by email when the product is again available.