Blackberries are native to both the United States and Europe. Historical evidence documents that the berries have been consumed and used medicinally for over 2,000 years. The berries grow on shrubs that are approximately 10? in size.
Our Blackberry Seed Oil is prepared by mechanically expeller pressing premium quality blackberry seeds. No solvents or chemicals are used to produce the oil. It is is then carefully filtered, packaged and stored to maintain the purity, freshness and beneficial properties of this nutritive expeller pressed oil.
Blackberry Seed Oil is an emollient oil that nourishes the skin and leaves it feeling hydrated. It is rich in antioxidants (tocopherols) and is an impressive source of 22-28% Alpha-Linolenic Acid, an Omega-3 essential fatty acid. Blackberry Seed Oil is well suited for use in a wide array of cosmetic and personal care applications that include formulations intended for problem, damaged, maturing or sensitive skin. In hair care applications, Blackberry Seed Oil nourishes, conditions and helps maintain healthy hair.
Blackberry Seed Oil Properties:
- Green Hue
- Medium Viscosity
- Rapid Absorption
- Mild, Characteristic, Sweet Nutty Aroma
- Fatty Acid Composition:
- C14:0 Myristic Acid: 0.11 - 0.2%
- C15:0Pentadecanoic Acid: 0.03 - 0.09%
- C16:0 Palmitic Acid: 3.0 - 8.0%
- C16:1 Palmitoleic Acid (n-7): 0.04 - 0.09%
- C17:0 Heptadecanoic Acid: 0.05 - 0.13%
- C18:0 Stearic Acid: 1.5 - 2.8%
- C18:1 Cis-11-vaccenic Acid (n-7): 0.30 - 1.0%
- C18:1 Oleic Acid (n-9): 7.0 - 14.0%
- C18:2 Linoleic Acid (n-6): 53.0 - 60.0%
- C18:3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (n-3): 22.0 - 28.0%
- C20:0 Arachidic Acid: 0.1 - 0.6%
Blackberry Seed Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
- Skin Care
- Lip Care
- Hair Care
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%
We apologize but all sizes of this product are temporarily out of stock, please click the link next to the size
to be notified by email when the product is again available.